Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Crash on Turn Into Chase

AB lighting

With version 3.0 I am having a problem in that when trying to turn a static scene memory into a chase as soon as you click on turn into a chase the desk locks up and the screen goes blank. I have tried this several times and the same thing happens every time.

This needs to be resolved ASAP as this renders the desk useless for many productions and I cant wait a few months for another software release please help.

I had high hopes for this software release but still experiencing other bugs too still in copying cues and certain cue No.s dont seem to like being recorded on as soon as I change the no. the cue is recorded as I would like.

Please Help

Hi there

Firstly, if the desk is 'crashing' when you are trying to create a chase then it will be prompting you to save a debug file when you reboot. If this is the case, please can you email this debug file to support@zero88.com and we'll take a look at it as soon as possible to work out what is causing the crash. Without these debug files, there is little our R&D team can do to recreate these bugs - we have extensively tested the recording of chases in version 3 software and as far as we can tell it is working fine.

What are the bugs you refer to in copying cues? Copying a cue will only copy the programmed channels from that cue - if you want to copy the whole look, you need to output that scene and record it in the new location, with Smart Tag enabled.

I've never seen anything like the certain cue numbers not liking being recorded onto. Are you working on an old show file, or performing a Reset Desk each time you start afresh? It's possible something old is being kept in the memory erroneously - again, emailing us a show file would really help here.

If you'd like to talk to us directly, please feel free to call the Zero 88 office on 01633 838088 during office hours and we'll be happy to discuss these problems and solutions to them.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I have a frog 48 and had many problems Crashing etc. then I got the Loading !!!!!! please wait the and I did for about 3 hours and nothing so I installed OS 4 and now it keeps crashing on making a chase so looked at this brill site and found a debug but don't know how to install it so can anybody HELP

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a few problems with the latest software - we have recently identified the problem with creating chases on memories in the latest software version and are working to create a bug fix version as soon as possible. Please keep checking back on this site and we'll announce the software as soon as it's available.

In future, please send the debug files to support@zero88.com and we will analyse their contents.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

hi there, I have the latest OS and keep having the crash problem as I have said in my other posts this OS is causing the board to crash on chases from your last you said there is a bug with OS 4 and chases and your working on a debug what I am asking is due to me having to use the board in 2 days time should I just install a lower OS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Please help me

I am trying to record a chase but my desk keeps crashing as soon as I click "Turn into Chase" I have tried reducing the size of the chase and recording it to a different cue No. but it won't work

Why does the desk crash and is there anyway round this

I have attached the debug file and the show file hope it helps. has anyone else had these problems?

regards

Andy Bird

AB Lighting

debug.dat

CHESS_3.isf