Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Software V 3.0

AB lighting

Hi

I am in a show week with the leap frog 96 I am scared to update software incase it goes worng and I loose the show or the desk. I have backed up the show do you advise to wait until end of the week os should it be ok. I just think it may be a good opertunity to test the new software.

I couldn't find the noted to say what has been updated on the software where can I find this.

Also does the PDA software only run when V3.0 is in the desk. Are there any release notes for setting up PDA remote I have downloaded software to my PDA just got to connect to my desk now.

Cheers

AB Lighting

Hi

I am in a show week with the leap frog 96 I am scared to update software incase it goes worng and I loose the show or the desk. I have backed up the show do you advise to wait until end of the week os should it be ok. I just think it may be a good opertunity to test the new software.

We'd recommend waiting until such a time as you can take some time to get used to the new software in a safe environment before taking it out on a show.

I couldn't find the noted to say what has been updated on the software where can I find this.

Here.

Also does the PDA software only run when V3.0 is in the desk. Are there any release notes for setting up PDA remote I have downloaded software to my PDA just got to connect to my desk now.

Cheers

AB Lighting

You should just need to setup the router and the desk to allocate IPs via DHCP, connect to the router via Wifi and away you go.

Hope this helps - let me know if you need any more help,

Peter

Peter Kirkup