Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

pan/tilt invert&swap - a feature i miss

trumpetsteve

Just took delivery of my nice new JesterML and Jester48 - wooo! :D

Before this i had always used either a fatfrog or leapfrog on hire. One of the features i always found useful was the pan/tilt function in the superuser, allowing a quick change to the direction of the pan or tilt. I always found this useful, especially when working in a school where the students don't always hang the lights the same way (grrrrr)

am i just not being able to find it on the ML or has it vanished?

Steve

• 6 months later...

Is there any option for creating my own figures for moving lights, and if, how ?

Also - is there any way to set Macs movement as anticlockwise instead of default clockwise ? What i'm trying to do is let's say put 1st mac on the left hand of the stage and 2nd on the right, and be able to spin them to the centre of the room - having two of them selected at the same time. I've tried to change stage data in Fixture editor from clockwise to anti but doesn't work .. I'll attach an itf. Any ideas ?

Cheers

MacsANTI.ift

Many fixtures have menu options that allow you to invert Pan/Tilt on the fixture itself. At the moment you can't do this on the JesterML - however the idea has been logged for consideration in a future software update. What you can do however is to select both fixtures, and set the wheel editing mode to Fan V or Fan Middle (hold SHIFT & press POSITION). Then when you move the wheels with SHIFT held down, the fixtures will move in opposite directions from their current positions.

The JesterML Movement Effects are pretty much identical to those on the original Frog series - you can change Size X, Size Y, Speed Rotation and Offset of the built-in shapes (ellipse, triangle, quad, figure8), but you can't add your own shapes at the moment. Additional movement effects are discussed HERE for the original Frog series. If you have any suggestions for additional movement effects we may consider adding them in a future JesterML release, however the really clever stuff will remain the domain of the effects engine used in the Leapfrog48/96 and Frog2 desks.

• 1 month later...
Is there any option for creating my own figures for moving lights, and if, how ?

Also - is there any way to set Macs movement as anticlockwise instead of default clockwise ? What i'm trying to do is let's say put 1st mac on the left hand of the stage and 2nd on the right, and be able to spin them to the centre of the room - having two of them selected at the same time. I've tried to change stage data in Fixture editor from clockwise to anti but doesn't work .. I'll attach an itf. Any ideas ?

Cheers

It would be nice to have the pan/tilt feature. I use moving lights that dont do that. We have ours in each cornor of the stage pointing in towards the center so the left ones pan opposite to the right ones.

using fan mode works, but only with 2 fixtures at a time, if i select all 4 it doesnt work.

Just had a thought, maybe i should repatch them so that the 2 on the left are in the middle in relation to the patch. Damn there goes all my programming!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am a big fan of Zero88 desks. I currently have 3 Jester 24/48 desks. Just took delivery of a new Jester ML. I also have moving fixtures which dont allow pan/tilt invert. I understand that this function is reserved for the larger desks. However would it be possible to add this function into Fixture Type Editor so that I can simply assign a fixture with the inverted functions?