Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

My Frog keeps crashing

D.Dar-Nell

We had a ballet company in the theatre yesterday and my Frog 2 crashed for no reason mid show. The touch screen stayed on but was non responsive. The two screens kept trying to reset with Frog logo and all. The touch screen would make a noise if touched but nothing would respond. Had to stop show put up house lights and reset desk with a full house of 500 in. Nice !

I went onto website this morning and found new software and updated from last one before. Even with that I have had desk on all day, and if it’s on for long enough it does the same thing. Turn it off and back on again and little bit later does the same thing and locks up.

Please help I really can’t have that during a show again.

:unsure::blink::unsure:

Daniel Dar-Nell

Technical Director

QEII Theatre

Kingston Grammar School

Kingston Upon Thames

Hi

Can you provide us with the serial number and the software and hardware versions that you are running. If you are not sure how to get the info please phone Keith on 01633 838088 so he can talk you through it and do some fault finding with you.

Best

Graham

Graham

• 1 month later...
We had a ballet company in the theatre yesterday and my Frog 2 crashed for no reason mid show. The touch screen stayed on but was non responsive. The two screens kept trying to reset with Frog logo and all. The touch screen would make a noise if touched but nothing would respond. Had to stop show put up house lights and reset desk with a full house of 500 in. Nice !

I went onto website this morning and found new software and updated from last one before. Even with that I have had desk on all day, and if it’s on for long enough it does the same thing. Turn it off and back on again and little bit later does the same thing and locks up.

Please help I really can’t have that during a show again.

:unsure::blink::unsure:

was there anything plugged into one of the usb ports?

i had the same type of crash a few times and it seems like the problem is my usb keyboard...

had no crashes without any usb plugged in