Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Tagging and untagging in 10.9

nighteyes

using the new 10.9 software:

noticed something wich i don't think is desireable. When using the wheelgroup button in combination with the grandmaster to untag all channels, i noticed that this in fact tags the htp channels of all the patched fixtures.

if one million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

The designed function of moving the Grand Master fader is to tag all HTP channels (since LTP channels are unaffected by the Grand Master fader). This behaviour is unmodified by the WheelGroup button.

You have the following options available for untagging:

• Parameter: Hold WheelGroup and move the wheel.
    Attribute: Hold WheelGroup and hold the attribute button for a couple of seconds.
    Fixture: Hold the fixture selection button for a couple of seconds to toggle the tag state. The hold first+last operation also works in this case for multiple fixtures.
    Generic channel: Hold WheelGroup and move the fader.
    All generic channels: Hold WheelGroup and move the A/B Master faders.
    All fixtures (Mambo Frog only): Hold the ClearAll button for a couple of seconds.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Could someone tell me how to I could program down to parameter level in 10.9 before I upgrade? In the release currently installed I can do this by holding down the wheel group button, which changes the info displayed for each parameter as "--", and then adjusting the attribute wheels to select which parameters I do want to record.

It's probably me and my 'man eyes' not seeing something that is very clearly stated in the manual ;)

Cheers

The tagging / untagging behaviour in 10.9 is the same as in versions 10.0 onwards - see the list above for available options. The changes are to improve brightness tagging / untagging, which won't affect you if you leave the desk in it's default state of always recording brightness. It's always worth reading the release notes, available from the same downloads page as the software upgrade, to familiarise yourself with the changes in the latest versions.