Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

frog problems

alans

We have had a frog desk for less than a year, and it has started to play up.

It doesn't seem to properly remember the program when powered off, at startup bits seem to get corrupted. Maybe it will forget about the submasters, perhaps it will lose some scenes. Once it lost half the settings from within a scene, a fact that was not noticed until running the show!!

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Regards

Alan

Dear Sir,

First can you let me know which version of software you are using.

This can be found in superuser/ information.

There are two possible things that I can think of first is a low battery level that is not keeping the information in the ram when the power is switched off.

The second is a either a fault or possible a badly seated ram moduel.

If you are running the ver 7.5 or higher on you should see a battery warning message at boot up on the monitor.

It will proberly require the desk to be looked at to confirm if it is a RAM problem.

Short term solution is back the show up to floppy disk.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

Thanks chaps.

It is quite likely the battery is low, we don't use it very often, with only 4 shows per year, before this production it was last used in April.

Is the battery rechargable, ie if I were to leave it plugged in for a day or two would that help, or would it need changing if low?

I can't get to the board right now, but will see what the OS version and battery level is as soon as I can.

Regards,

Alan