Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Delta 5

Hi, I have "inherited" 6 delta 5's, which about 5 fuse lights lit. How do I get in to change them, and what fuse do they take?

I have fuses for Betapacksm the 1.25inch 10 amp fuses, are they the same?

I don't want to open it up unless I know I can put it back together!!!

I have the manual off this site, but it's not a lot of help for this.

Cheers

The fuses in the Delta (and Sigma) are internal, you'll need to take the covers off to get at them. Turn the electric off first though!

The channel fuses (4 off) are type:

4008000 Fuse 20mm 5A AS ceramic

The control fuse (1 off) is type:

4004000 Fuse 20mm 1A AS glass

If I remember correctly, it's the 2 big silver screws (one top, one bottom) to take the covers off. I think if you undo any of the others, all the insides fall apart, which is not what you want...

See THIS TOPIC for a bit of further discussion on the trim pot.

The usual method of trimming the preheat is to connect a 100W lamp to the output, then set a 10% input from the control desk. Turn the trim pot until the lamp just begins to glow.

Unfortunately on the Delta you can't get a screwdriver to the trim pot without taking the covers off. So to set the preheat you would need to work on it live with the covers off. This isn't something we can recommend you attempt unless you are suitably trained and qualified for live equipment working, and use an isolation transformer or RCD for further protection. If in any doubt it is best to return the units to us or one of our dealers for servicing.