Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Dmx In

Sparky

Hi Ismael

I'm not sure - new to the Leap Frog - but i saw on Page 50 of the Manual (Version 2.0!) that

where a DMX-IN Dimmer exists only on the DMX-In, the default fixture number will start at 1001 onwards...

don't ask me what it means - but maybe it helps you?

Greatings Carl

Carl Ehrhardt

Technical Director

Kellerbühne St.Gallen

CH-9000 St.Gallen

Switzerland

www.kellerbuehne.ch

Hi Ismael

That should be all you need. What desk are you using as a DMX Source? What behaviour are you seeing? If you open the DMX Output Window & click into the DMX-In tab, can you see the incoming DMX?

The passage Carl quoted refers to fixtures (including Dimmers) patched to the DMX-In during the Add Fixtures process, or moved to the DMX-In location using Edit Fixtures. In either process, when prompted for a location, instead of pressing an MFK or Preset fader, press the flash button on the DMX In desk to assign the fixture to that location. In this situation the fixture you're patching won't have a physical location on the desk (ie it won't be on an MFK or a Preset fader), so you'll need to use the DMX-In to control it, or access it via Command Line.

Hope this clears things up a bit. Let us know how you get on.

Peter Kirkup