Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Grand Master Control Function

RW

Hi.

I have just been asked if the Leapfrog 96 can select which channels to black out and which channels to keep live.

We are having a new theatre built and the need has arisen where by our non dims need to be controlled from the control room via a switch pack located in our dimmer room without the need for running an extra system and control unit. If we take the grand master down it will take out the switch pack, useful for the likes of egg strobes and uv but not so good for the likes of mac 500s. It would be good (for me at least!) to select certain DMX adresses which switch on and off from the MFKs and ignor the 'grand master' and 'blackout' function.

Would this be useful for anyone else? Is there a way of doing this anyway?

Many Thanks...

RW

HARLOW COLLEGE Performing Arts.

This is welcome news! So I guess that I could plot the switch function into the memory stack. Whic will be good for controlling switched effects into the performance whilst keeping live power to the Macs etc.

And I guess I could make a fixture profile where by some of the relay switches are on the dimmer section so that I can GMaster them out.

All good news!!! :D

RW

HARLOW COLLEGE Performing Arts.