Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Manually Fade Between Memorised Scenes

pietervanemelen

The recorded cue fade up/down times can be temporarily adjusted in Run Mode by selecting the memory and then adjusting the Fade Time pot. It's easiest to have a monitor connected to see what's going on here.

You could alternatively use the submasters to give you manual control of the fade in/out of each scene.

We have the jester12/24. This means that we could program 24 submasters. But if I am not mistaken you can only access the submasters on the B-faders. So how do I crossfade between submaster 12 and submaster 13?

The only way I can think of is copying scene 12 in submaster 12 and 13 in the same scene, then first set submaster 12, then set submaster 13 and then fade out 12 and then I am ready to crossfade between 13 and 14.

Or is it possible to copy a scene into a memory in RUN MODE?

The Page overlay feature on the submasters means that if you change page with Submaster 12 raised, then Submaster 12 will not switch page until you bring the fader down to zero. So the sequence would be:

- Raise sub 12

- Change to the second submaster page. Sub 12 keeps outputting

- Raise sub 13 / lower sub 12

- When sub 12 is fully lowered, the fader will switch to controlling sub 24.

Ok thanks for the explanation. I think I will be able to reduce the number of scenes to 24n and use the submasters.

But I still think it would be interesting to be able to cross fade between two stored scenes (eg in preset mode) with the A and B master as I used to do on the good old Sirius 24. (And having the preset available to add some extra light that has been forgotten since the light settings can change in theater from one show to another....)

• 5 months later...

Hey,

I'm a new Jester48 user since 2 months and I'm so glad to work with it that I bougth an other one for a dance theatre where I'm working too.

We bought it because it is so easy to learn and work with the console.

Yesterday I read the forum topics and I was glad to see that Zero88 accept comments and work on it.

My favorite is the USB keyboard connection.

So also I want to make the following suggestions:

- In run mode is the B-master fader unused.

Proposal: When the fade time knob is at the maximum,can the B-master-fader be used to do the crossfade manual?

- In recordmode is the B-page knop unused.

Proposal: With the B-page knob are the programmed submasters available on the faders to create a scene?

- In Super User mode, DMX patch:

Proposal: Can you create the possibility to enter a max level for each DMX-channel? E.g. <DMX001><CH01><85>.

Where the 85 is the percentage of full at max fader level.

Anyway : it is fine to work with this console!

Regards,

Koen