Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Leap Frog 48 Crashed

kondor

Hi,

i have a big Problem with my brand new Leap Frgo 48. I bought it at Tuesday the 25.09.2007 at LMP in Germany.

I installed the new Software Version 4.2.0. At the first 3 Days it was all perfect, today i want to start the Leap Frog.The Display shows " Loading .... please wait"

At the Monitor was the Message " An unexpected error occured last time the desk was run, do you want to save a debug report to a memory stick ? " Yes No

So i klicked "yes" and then please insert a memory stick ( there was a memory stick inside ) i pressed enter an then i had a black screen and a black Leap Frog.

2. I restarted the Leap Frog "loading ... please wait" after that the Display was black and on the monitor was a window " Load show Loading .... Please Wait

thats all.

What can I do ????????

I'm having the same problem right now. I just loaded the software off the memory stick; it said to turn the desk off and back on to complete the process; it has now been displaying "loading...please wait" for about twenty minutes. Not good. We have a show six hours from now. If any of you techies are reading, help. I'm going to try to reset the board and reload the old software if I can. We're leaving to set-up soon, but will try to get on the internet later today. If a phone call is possible please call me. Bob, Tampa, FL 813-486-6484

I was able to get the board to start up by removing the USB memory stick and switching off and on again. It says to check screen for details, but I don't have a screen hooked up right now, so will check later. Have to load the truck. Fortunately, we have an NSI board we can use if necessary. Hopefully, we won't need that. I'll follow up later.

As a first step, have you installed the software from a bootable USB (using the full install file) or just an update (using a UPD file and the option in Desk Setup).

Whilst there shouldn't be any major difference between the two, we've had a couple of reports of problems following the first method. I'd be good to know if you've also updated via UPD file or whether you did a full install.

We do completely recommend that the LeapFrogs are operated with a monitor at all times, as there may have been additional information displaying there, which could lead us to working out what is going on.

We've also seen some desks misbehaving when booting with a USB stick attached, so please try removing the USB stick and booting without.

If you have any debug.dat files created by the desk, please email these to pkirkup@zero88.com and I can get them looked at as soon as possible - this will help us work out what is going on.

Sorry I wasn't around to give you any tips yesterday, Bob... I do hope the show went okay.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

• 1 month later...

I agree about how important a monitor is. I always use to use a leapfrog where a monitor was an option. When we first took delivery of our new leapfrog 96 I thought we had a doddgy desk as I wanted to up date the software first of all, but it wouldn't as has happened to Bob above. It was only when we had tried everything else (apart from having to read the manual which we did not have at that time) that we hooked up a monitor, and read the messages being displayed! All was grand after that.

Maybe the updates could be done without a monitor, so all important messages would be displayed on the LCD and the monitor. I guess this would help hire companies?

HARLOW COLLEGE Performing Arts.

• 4 years later...

I have a problem like this. Turned on the board, starts to load, gets to "loading please wait" and stays there. I have tried restarting, restarting with nothing but power pluged in, unplugging the power supply, plus some other crazy things. Still not starting up. I am not sure the version number but I do know it is not updated (been about a year). Can someone help asap? Thanks.