Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Desk crash & Deleting chase steps

Kresten Bager

Hi everyone,

First post in the bugs forum - I'm so proud! Sorry on with business:

Desk Leap96

SW: 4.1.36 27/7/2007 LNX

1. The LeapFrog 96 crashed today for one of my colleague. Black screen, no response what so ever. I don't know what he was doing but I've attached the debug file to this post.

2. If you program a submaster with a chase and wish to delete a step this is how I would do it: Goto the step field in the relevant submaster. Press [+]/[-] to select the appropriate step and press [delete]. A message pops up (are you sure). Select Yes but the step is not deleted. Btw. this works as expected on the phantom frog.

3. Sometimes the LCDs above the MFK are missing a pixel or two. It is as if the text is too long to fit the screen.

Best regards

Kresten

Kresten Bager

Polyteknisk Scenelys

www.scenelys.dk

Hi Kresten

Please upgrade your desk to 1.37, version 1.36 had a couple of crash bugs in it which we've fixed in version 1.37.

I'll investigate your Deleting chase steps problems next week, as i've not seen or heard of this before.

Please check that your Slave 1 firmware is up to date on the desk (this can be seen by going to Setup/Files/Desk Information - if the version on Slave 1 is out of date, it will be displayed in red, otherwise it'll be black, in which case it is up to date. If the firmware is out of date, press and hold SHIFT and press CLEAR to enter the Slave Processor update screen - select Slave 1 and follow the on-sceren instructions.

Thanks for your bug reports - keep them coming :)

Peter Kirkup

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the swift reply (as always). I've tried to mail the debug.dat file to your mail twice - no luck. I've tried to post it here as a .dat, a .txt and a .jpg. None work - but if the crashes have been fixed then never mind. I'll update the desk next time I'm around.

Regards,

Kresten

Kresten Bager

Polyteknisk Scenelys

www.scenelys.dk