Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

2 step

gusrocks

i need a 2 step sequance that always starts at same point and ends at same point. example step one positions moving lights center stage and step 2 moves them to a fanout in the crowd. must be controled from a submaster. i do not want it to repete like a chase. just the 2 steps each time i select the submaster.

Hi,

We don't currently have n shot chases on the Frog desks but you could achieve the desired effect as follows:

Program two scene memories with the two positions (scene 1 - centre stage, scene 2 - final fanout position).

Set the LTP fade time of the second memory to the time you want for the lights to move between the two positions, eg 5 seconds.

Ensure that the Position action is set to fade.

Transfer the two memories onto two separate submasters (say 1-1 and 1-2).

Raise submaster 1 - the lights go to the centre stage position.

Raise submaster 2 - the lights fanout in the desired time.

Note - It will probably be best if the desk is in Partial Mode as then only the lights in this effect will change outputs when you raise the submasters.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi

Other solution may be a two step chase set to manual. Submaster up is step one then hit the step button and that is the fan.

Perhaps we should look at the option of a Nshot chase.

What would others think?

Graham

Zero 88

Graham