Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frog 2 UDF'S

mbchunky

Hello All,

I think I have mastered the basics of the desk but I have a few more questions.

1) I have assigned groups of fixtures on the UDF'S eg, LX1 fresnels, LX2 fresnel etc etc.

I now want to start programming however I cant seem to record the UDF's on to a cue stack, is there something I am doing wrong ???

2) I have assigned scrollers to the UDF's eg LX1 scrolls, LX2 scrolls etc, however when I go to fade through the scrolls it gets to 10% and scrolls through to the end, therefore I have no control.

3) I have worked out how to perform a chase however I was wondering...............Once the chase has been programmed on to one of the cue stack faders...... does that mean I am unable to programme any more on to that cue stack, as I would persume you would need to combined your several chase steps in to one cue??

I hope that all makes some kind of sense?

I think that is it for now.

Many thanks,

Hello All,

I think I have mastered the basics of the desk but I have a few more questions.

1) I have assigned groups of fixtures on the UDF'S eg, LX1 fresnels, LX2 fresnel etc etc.

I now want to start programming however I cant seem to record the UDF's on to a cue stack, is there something I am doing wrong ???

Certain types of UDFs go into the Program Window when activated, others don't - this is a deliberate behaviour. To pull a UDF into the Program Window, press Active, <UDF>.

2) I have assigned scrollers to the UDF's eg LX1 scrolls, LX2 scrolls etc, however when I go to fade through the scrolls it gets to 10% and scrolls through to the end, therefore I have no control.

You don't say how you've assigned the scrollers to the UDF. I would use a channel UDF, which is recorded by pressing GROUP <scrollers>, COLOUR, SHIFT+[scroll] (on touchscreen), RECORD <UDF>. This type of UDF will perform direct action on the attributes selected and go via the program window.

3) I have worked out how to perform a chase however I was wondering...............Once the chase has been programmed on to one of the cue stack faders...... does that mean I am unable to programme any more on to that cue stack, as I would persume you would need to combined your several chase steps in to one cue??

Each chase uses up on playback yes, however you can program another cue stack in another playback and then link the relevant cues to trigger off the chase. See the chapter in the manual regarding macros - you can place a comment macro of "Gn" to trigger off another cue stack on the same page from a different cue stack. By using this you can hide the multiple cue stacks to the operator, who only has to press one go button. The "Rn" macro will release the stack.

Hope this helps.

Peter Kirkup