Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

loss of moving effect

mattlt

fat frog running a ballyhoo with technobeams (older series).

when I have a moving effect running on a submaster, and I go to bring up another sub with leckos (go podium) I lose the moving effect I was running and the movers seem to get a mind of their own; still running an effect, but nothing I programed, possition, effect, or color wise, yet this randomness seems to always go to open white.

so, I have to fade out the movement, hit the conventional cue, and then restore the submaster for the ballyhoo.

my os is 10.4.1

so, what is my solution?

thanks

Matt Turcott

operations Manager

Visual Aids Electronics

Ensure that the submaster which contains the podium generics does not have any of the position attributes for the technobeams tagged. To do this you will need to be in partial mode.

Pull the podium submaster to full, then select the moving heads which are running the effect. Press F1 and the first fixture button to view the Fixture Outputs screen. Hold down WHEELGROUP and you can view the tag status of all the moving lights in that cue. To detag a parameter, hold down wheelgroup and nudge the parameter wheel. To detag a whole attribute, hold down wheelgroup and that attribute (colour/beamshape/position). When you've set the tag status', re-record the submaster and all should be fine.

If you want to send your show file over to me, i'll happily take a look at this for you. pkirkup@zero88.com

Peter Kirkup