Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

DMX Bullfrog, Chilli Pros

WOSLights

I have been scratching my head now for a couple of days and cannot figure out whats wrong.

I have a Bullfrog connected to a pulsar 8 channel DMX splitter, channel 1 on the splitter goes to a Chilli Pro, then chained to a 2nd Chilli Pro then on to a 3rd Chilli Pro. all the channels on the dimmers work fine.

When i try to add any type of DMX device from the splitter port 2 i cannot find or control it even though i have set the address.

I set the address to 72 and use the bullfrog on wide mode, then try to control the DMX device using the sliders, but it doesn't work.

What am i doing wrong ??

When connected to the splitter does the device indicate that it is actually getting a DMX signal.

Have you tried to control the device direct from the desk, does this work ok even when set to a start address 72

If you swap the output from the splitter over do you have control of the dimmers?

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

Yes it is possible to loop the DMX out of the chilli and into the other devices.

The Chilli DMX connector is a single four way terminal block so all you need to do is wire the output into this.

All you may need to do is to check that the dimmer DMX line has not be internaly terminated. To check just to the left of the an slight above the DMX termianl block you will see three blue dip switches. Switch 3 is the DMX termination. If it is in the on position then the dimmer is terminated.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.