Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Where do you use your Frogs?

NZ

Hi

We are trying to compile a list of all the venues, rental, production companies etc that have a Frog console of one type or another. Please can you post this info together with the name of the town.

Thanks

Graham

Graham

• 6 months later...

i'm using a fatfrog in our local youth centre in aalsmeer (near amsterdam)

i also work in the concert building in amsterdam on a regular basis. (classical music)

they use a fatfrog for the smaller venue, and a bullfrog for the large venue.

Also the felix-meritius theatre in amstedam use a fatfrog for some of their shows.

if one million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using a Fat Frog in a dance club for alternative music at Oberhausen/Germany. It's called Saint and looks like a church or chapel inside. Very beautiful... Installed a complete new lighting system some weeks ago.

Photos of the venue are on the website (just click at the banner below, if you like) unfortunately no ones till now with the new cans. :-(

So, if you don't start drinking...I'm gonna leave!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Avid mambofrog user during "schuurfuiven" (don't know the right word in english; mostly parties in a tent with around 1000 visitors dancing to Faithless, the vengaboys, levellers and everything between) and with local bands (and the Kids; there will be no next time)

unluckily i didn't manage to get a Fat frog in our local youthclub, they opted for martin LJ...Booohhhh!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im 15, And using my fat frog, and 12 mac 250's along with par 64's at various events. I also tour with a band, and create some fantastic light shows! The fat frog is up to any job, Just depends on how much u want, lighting wise, as its only limited to 12 movers, which im sure u all know! lol

Oliver Wilkinson

Wilkinson Events

01253 821570

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fat Frog used in Birkenhead College, New Zealand... used for the primary (and only) lighting control for our theatre... gets a workout annually for our production... I still haven't driven it to full capacity though... we only have 3 3phase plugs... :(

Thanks

SMence

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At Clearlight Shows in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia we have

2 x FatFrog

1 x LeapFrog

1 x BullFrog

1 x Frog2

1 x LeapFrog 96

for hire and productions. :D

P.S. Love the LeapFrog96

EDIT:

As well as...

1 x Elara 12/24

1 x Elara 24/48

1 x Jester 12/24

2 x Jester 24/48

1 x Jester ML

1 x Jester ML24

You can never have too much fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine Gets used in a couple of diffrent places around Walthamstow E17 area

schools , theatres , outdoor music concerts,

but it seems to take pride of place in my bedroom running a set of 4 dmx scanners because i got bored with my normal bedroom lights and thought

hey why not mix it up at bit :D

Elliott Silk & Sam Raby

Exstage Theatre Services

www.exstagetheatreservices.co.uk