Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Patching sequential dimmer

hutch

Just been trying to patch sequential dimmer numbers onto the same channel number - no go! If the dimmer numbers are at least five numbers apart, then 80@70 followed by 80@75 will patch dimmers 70 & 75 to channel 80. 80@70 followed by 80@71 results in only 70 being patched. Am I missing something? Software is version 3.0.8.

Any chance we could have a patching syntax that includes '+' and 'thru'?

Thanks,

Hutch

Confusion can sometimes arise due to the terminology used especially when it comes to channels, fixtures, dimmers, dimmer numbers, DMX addresses etc

Am I correct in assuming that you are trying to patch a single channel fixture to several consecutive DMX addresses ?

I have just tried it here and it seems to patch the dimmers OK and output the data on the correct DMX output channels.

Frog 2 Reference # 7219 - There appears to be a bug in the display of the patch data in the Outputs View of the Patch.

Please can you check what you see in the other views of the Patch screen - Fixtures View and Channels View.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I keep on having the same prob.....patching 2 dmx channels to one fixture channel. results in random results......

Are you saying it is not actually patching the fixtures correctly ?

When I tried this the other day the fixture was patched correctly and output the data on the correct DMX output channels; it was simply the case that one of the patch views only displayed the first instance that the fixture was patched to.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace