Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Upgrade Illusion 120

claudius

Hi, im working in a theatre in Bonn right now and we are using the Illusion 120. We are getting a lot of new stuff right now and i have a question to this board. First i would like to know if we could somehow get more space to save things on the board, cause we are using a lot of chasers and its just not enough space right now.... the next thing is that we probably have to use some moving lights soon. Since this board doesnt support moving lights, is there any way to upgrade the hardware on this board so we can use moving lights without buying a new board. One more question: I am afraid to install the new software update because right now we are using a 2. something version and all our shows are saved on floppys for this program. Can i use the old floppys on the new software or would i have to do everything again. we have shows every day right now so i would not have time for that. Thats all. Would be very cool if u could answer to my questions. Thanks a lot for right now. Claudius

It is not possible to increase the memory storage of the desk. Chase memories will use more than scenes as they require one 'memory block' per step of the chase (see manual page 5-1 for details)

The Illusion 120/240 desk is not designed to control moving lights. That is why the Illusion 500 was developed which is designed to control moving lights and has the necessary user interface to do this :D

The latest software has a number of additional features and bug fixes (see manual or release notes for details). Old shows will probably run on the new software but may not run perfectly.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace