Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

A gentle fade to blackout...

hutch

Just been programing on the new version 3 software and on three occasions, the desk has gently faded all generics to blackout and then been totally unresponsive until rebooted. In each case, I appear to have pushed 'set' as part of a record command and been referring to my notes before actually typing the comment when the fade out happened. Only the cue being recorded was lost, but it is a little frustrating especially given how long the desk takes to re-boot. I wasn't offered the option of a debug report... The fade was beautifully smooth though.

Very grateful that 'back' is now a working feature, but would still like to be able to record groups directly onto screen touch buttons like the other pallettes and enter 50% as 5 rather than 50! [i'm happy to type 05 if I ever need 5%!.]

Thanks,

Hutch

Hi Peter,

The dimmers are LD24s which hold for a period and then fade as currently set up. The movers in the rig were not affected other than not being controllable anymore and [fortunately] they were not auto off enabled...

If I can make the desk do it again, I'll try harder to remember the key sequence!

Hutch

It does sound as if the DMX generation had failed, which is worrying. Can you confirm for me the software version and co-processor firmware you are running. Also please, the LCD firmware version.

And if it does it again, have a look at the green LEDs by the DMX output sockets, see if they're still flickering.

Thanks

Peter Kirkup