Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Automove V's Blocking

Christopher Snape

This is a bit hard to explain but I will give it a go.

What I need to do is copy cues from one stack to another. I need to copy cues not only from the start of the cue list but also from anywhere in between.

I have set the stacks to Auto Move.

What I am finding as I copy the cues (say cue 15 + 16) from stack 1 across to the new stack 3 (say to cue 6 + 7) because I have not blocked the start cue 15 before I copy it, as I play the new cue 6 into 7 any information that I have not recorded into cue 16 before I copied it (say colour) will have tracked forward in the new stack 3 from cue 5 or previous cues.

In order to correct this if I block cue 15 - then copy the cues across to cue 6 and 7 (as before), cue 6 then plays correctly. However when I play into cue 7 (the copy of 16) whilst all parameters in this cue are correct, this cue does not Auto move because I have blocked cue 6 (the copy of 15).

Is there a way for the Auto move to work even if you have blocked the previous starting cue?

I think I have explaind this in a way you can understand? :roll:

Move on Dark is a function of the Cue Stack itself rather than individual cues.

Have you checked the parameters in the Cue Stack Setup Window for the cue stack that you have copied the cues to ?

Please can you explain what you mean by 'blocked the cue' as there are 'block' and 'unblock' functions in the Cue Stack Setup Window which again apply to the whole cue stack.

It may be just a case of misunderstanding the various terms :roll:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I just checked again, and yes the new cue stack is also set on 'move on dark'.

The way I see it, because when I block the starting cues, I block all of the parameter info (which means that I essentially have recorded the fixtures -that are not in- at zero) the 'Move While Dark' may not recognise the fact that the fixtures are at zero?

The more and more I work with 'Auto move functions' ie Strand 500's Grand MAs etc, the more I don't think I like it. Whilst it can save you a little time, I would rather have the option to insert the mark cue which inturn gives me the ability to put a timing on the auto move (mark) cue.

For example if I have a bunch of movers in a theatre rig that are just hung off Lx bars and during the blackout they all decide to auto move to their next position over the pre-determined move time (1 or 2 secs) you can bet you life that when you play into your next cue all the Lx bars will be shaking.

When I have a physical mark cue, I can then change the timing to maybe 5secs or longer which inturn will stop all possible bar shaking etc.

It think would be great to still have this ability.

:?

The mark cue feature and/or the ability to assign times to auto move while dark are both items which are in an ever-growing list of potential updates to the software.

As you can appreciate, there are numerous suggestions made for new features, improvements, modifications etc. and these are reviewed periodically to determine what will get implemented in the next software release.

We cannot promise to implement every single suggestion, but we do listen to user feedback and it does provide an important part of the development of the desk :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace