Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

UDF's

ryandell

:(

I hav mastered adding fixtures naming ect but cannot get my head around the UDF's are they like generic faders or like faders that tie groups of lights into one fader like submasters, just wondering how they work

:(

It's always the easiest things I have trouble with

Thanks

Ryan

UDFs are User Definable Faders. You have to define what you want on them - groups, individual fixtures, channel data (submasters), override and time faders, inhibits, parameter faders, etc.

Generally the syntax is <item> RECORD <UDF flash button>

eg: GROUP n RECORD <UDF> - will create a Group UDF

GROUP n FULL, wheel edit pan, wheel edit tilt, RECORD <UDF> - will create a channel data UDF.

etc.

Hope this helps

Peter

Peter Kirkup

There are several ways to assign individual fixtures to a UDF. It depends whether you want your UDF to work through the program window, or not.

If you want the UDF to affect the program window, you should define a single parameter UDF. Do to this, select the fixture in question (either using the fixture number or group, then number). Now hold down SHIFT and press on the touchscreen where the DIMMER attribute is displayed. Now press RECORD, then the UDF flash button.

If you want the UDF to work outside of the program window, you should define channel data to the UDF. Select the fixture and press FULL. Now set the FADE attribute to 0s for the dimmer. Next press RECORD, then the UDF flash button.

I hope this helps.

Peter

Peter Kirkup