Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Recording Cues with Effects

Christopher Snape

When I record a new cue over 10 secs with an effect running, what I am finding is that when I play the recorded cue back the effect seems to fade in over 10 secs as if you were winding the effect in manually. The effect seems to cycle through all the parameters of the effect becfore it gets to the recored values. This in turn makes the effect (especially over long fade times) move irraticly and all over the place until it reaches its destination. For example on a hog I can set up a state with an effect running and record it. Then when I play it back it will fade intensity and position nicely into the state I created and the effect will have a smooth transition. At the moment I can not seem to get a nice transition from the Frog. What am I doing wrong? :?

OK, firstly we need to know what effect you are running, as the different effects apply the effect parameters (function, size, speed etc) to different fixture parameters (pan, tilt, dimmer, iris etc).

Some effects only apply to a single parameter, others such as movement effects generally modify the outputs of both the pan and tilt parameters.

I believe that the effect parameters will fade to their programmed values in the same fade time as the fixture parameter itself but this is something we will need to check out, as the 'function' effect parameter may be processed differently to the other scalar parameters.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi Christopher

I've just tested this out in version 3.0.0 and the effect seems to fade in properly (tested with Circle). If possible, can you email me a show file with the erroneous effects to pkirkup@zero88.com and i'll take a look at it.

Peter Kirkup

Peter Kirkup