Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Command Line getting full

stephengreatorex

Uning the Frog2 last night to light a pop/rock gig. Whilst using my mac's wioth different pallets and also using the mouse to use them as a follow spot (nice feature BTW) I found after a few minutes the command line filled up and I was unable to do anymore.

All I could do was press the clear button a couple of times and watched my macs all spin to their home position.

I thaught it could just be a one off, but on three occasions I was unable to enter any more commands.

Is this a software issue or just somthing that I'm doing wrong?

As commands are entered directly or indirectly they are displayed on the command line of the touch screen. Certain commands are cleared after completion, others remain in the command line so that they can be removed one at a time if required using the <--- Key.

A double CLEAR will clear all the commands in the command line, and undo all previous commands since the LED in the key was first lit.

As the command line starts to get full it should throw away the oldest commands - maybe this is not working correctly - I will investigate the problem here.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I have tried to reproduce this on the desk in our demo room. I selected a group of fixtures and then kept applying colour and beamshape palettes and moving their position using the mouse. I must have entered a couple of hundred commands at least on the command line and it seemed to continue working as normal.

Were you carrying out any other operations on the desk when the command line 'filled up' ?

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hello from France !

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, using the frog2 on a rock concert (4 MAC600,8 MAC250,...)

using at the same time UDF + Cue stack + direct orders on the program windows ... after about 10 minutes it' was like if the comand line was full and I could'nt do anythink else than clear everyting and relese my cue stacks before playing again...

It made that twice during the show...

It was the first time I had this problem, so I thought it my fault...doing somethings wrong ??

unfortunetly i did'nt save my show and can't send it to you... sory :cry:

I 'll tell you if I get this problem again ...

• 1 month later...