Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Jester showfile import

SGP

The theater company im currently working for is currently looking at upgrading that very old but quite relibale Zero88 Sirius desk with a nice new Zero88 Jester.

The question I would like to ask if there is any way or has anybody has an experince with moving a Memory Stack from the Sirius to a more up-to-date Zero88 Desk.

I have noticed that the memory card I use a PCMCIA card and was wondering if I put it into my computer would it be read as a memory card and then would I be able to copy the files to a USB dongle which the Jester can read.

and now for the few other questions.

1. Can you insert a chase into the cue stack.

2. Is there an option for wait and follow on cues.

3. Will there ever be a Jester with more that one DMX Universe on it.

Thanks

The memory storage format is very different between the Sirius and Jester so unfortunately it is not possible to transfer the show file as a whole. What you could do however is use the DMX input on the Jester to grab the DMX output from the Sirius, and one memory at a time, transfer the show between the two desks.

To answer your questions...

1. Yes you can insert a chase into a cue stack.

2. No, there are currently no Auto-triggers or Dwell times on the Jester (feature request JES-2220).

3. Highly unlikely, not many people would be looking for a multi-universe 24/48 channel desk :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to follow on from.

The Sirius I was using just died last night, mid show. Not bad for a 16 year old desk.

Anyway I am hiring a Fat Frog in now for a week or so and am trying to push the order through for the Jester. The question is if a program the show on the Frog can I transfer that show to the jester.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Heya,

I'm meant to be running a show tommorow night (even though its my birthday and I was hoping for a night off!), for the other venues on the tour, I've been running the show, off of a Frog, with a file created on the offline editor (of the Frog).

Basically, I was wondering, is it possible for me to just run the same show, as I know that whilst frog files dont work on the illusion 120, which is an older desk, I wasn't sure if they worked on the Jester.

Thanks for any help you can give me, it'd save me a lot of worrying, if I knew for sure whether it worked or not!

Cheers!

Diarmuid

• 5 months later...

Hello,

We own a LeapFrog48 -which is a great desk - but for some

smaller venues with only a view dimmer channels it is "too much".

So we are thinking about to buy a smaller desk for that.

But which one?

A few years ago I'm sure a console just for conventional (like the juggler)

should be great - but nowadays there is a inflationary use

of moving lights and LED fixtures.

Due to your website the only Zero88 desk that make sense

is the Jester Ml24. We don't want to make huge moving light shows,

at first it has to control up to 12 generic dimmer channels (submaster, scenes and chasers)

and maybe some LED fixture or one or two moving light for advertisement with custom gobos.

Important: easy to use - if possible also without an external monitor.

So my question is:

Can we use the show files (patch, pallets and memories)

and the user fixture files from the LeapFrog48 on

the jester ML console?

• 1 month later...