Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sirius 24/48 - Spares

Wayne

Hi

I have recently taken over as ents co-ordinator for a local leisure centre and I am in need of some help regarding the sirius 48 controller. The centre seem to have misplaced the programme key and none of the current staff seem to know where it is.

So Where can I get a new / duplicate key from? I do not even know the serial number of the desk as it has been fitted in to a custom case and I can't find the serial anywhere on it

Any help appreciated

Thanks

• 2 months later...

:D hi my name is Paul. i am looking to buy one of the old sirius 48's n all of the ones so far have said that they need a internal battery change. what does this battery do :?: i have a friend who recons i may have to send it to zero 88 them selfs in wales (bit far as i live in london). er just realy wondering where i can get one and how much this would cost :?: and if i cud get away with fitting it my self ?

if you have any knowledge on the subject it would be greatly apreshiated thank you for your time and Please help coz im realy lost :!: :?

The internal batteries are used to supply the ram ICs which hold the memories and desk settings etc.

Like your car if they are flat the desk will not start.

There are several dealers in the London area that would be able to change the batteries for you. Please contact me for details.

If you are confident with a soldering iron and have antic static equipment then it is possible to replace them yourself.

They are a 3.6V 100mAh NiMH rating and you should be able to pick them up from Maplins or similar electronics spare company.

The only issue would be if they have leaked on to the PCB and corroded the tracks.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 1 month later...

We can no longer manufacture the original cards for these units and have not been done for a few years.

They tended to be made to order so I don't think any one will have one sat on a shelf.

XTBA do analogue to DMX converters that you could look at using. It would mean that you would have to locate this out side the unit but it not too much hassel to use.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

We have a sirius 24 board and some betapack's that we like to use for smaller concerts as we dont like using the fat frog because of messing up the Demux unit already installed with the fat frog. I am trying to look for the key (s) that changes the mode from run to programme as at the moment we have it on run mode and are not able to programme anything in to the memory so that we become even lazier :lol:

are there still keys availible for purchase ??

thankyou

Ryan

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

hi,

we use a sirius 24 for many years..now there`s suddenly no output/no green lights any more(no desk off-black out or blind or top set or s.th.like this)..any idea someone?

thanks,

c

from hamburg

edit: wrong thread, i don`t see where I can delete the post

edit no.2: ..but any idea asap is very welcome..the battery perhaps?

Edited by hamburger