Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Hanging console

ice

On a Dutch forum someone asked a question about a frog console which gets slow. I'll paste it here and translate it, because the topic starter doesn't speak English.

Beste Mensen,

Ik heb even een vraag over de zero88 fat frog.

Ik heb deze tafel al een tijdje. Gebruik de tafel voor veel verschillende feesten. Elke show sla ik dan ook op een diskette, zodat ik alles kan oproepen bij elke show.

De laatste tijd merk ik dat de reactie slomer word. Af en toe loopt ie een paar seconden vast, en gaat dan weer verder. Netzoals een PC, doet een paar seconden niks en gaat dan weer verder.

Weet iemand hoe dit kan?

Heb ook een keer gehoord dat het geheugen te klein word en dat je dit dan uit moet breiden. Ik weet niet of dit kan, maar is dit mogelijk?

graag hoor ik jullie reacties.

Alvast bedankt!

Translation:

Dear Folks,

I've got a question about the Zero88 FatFrog console.

I've been using this desk for a while, for many different parties. I save each show on floppy for use later on.

Last few shows I noticed the reaction time getting slower. Sometimes it hangs for a few seconds and then continues to work again. Just like a PC, it stops for a moment and then continues again.

Does anyone have a clue how this can happen?

I heard sometimes the memory gets filled up and you need to buy some more. I don't know if that's possible, is it?

Thanks in adance.

[/end translation]

My idea: maybe a loop in an autotrigger memory, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I myself noticed the console gets slow when it gets filled up, check the several topics about saving the show (is this visible on the console LCD?). I'll translate your answers for this guy (or just post in Dutch for all the Dutch and Belgium subscribers).

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Hi ice,

Thanks for doing the translation. Unfortunately this question is completely devoid of any information which might help us investigate. For instance:

- the software version on the desk?

- the serial number of the desk (by PM please)?

- which "reaction time" gets slow? which screen? which button?

- how many memories/submasters are programmed?

- how many chases/movement effects are running?

- how many (and what type of) fixtures are assigned?

A copy of the showfile would help answer a lot of these questions.

There are no memory upgrade options for any of the Frog series desks.

Regards,

Paul.

I have experienced the same thing, with version 9.8 i was hanging when changing submaster page and when switching between memorys and submasters, but also when trying to drive my moving fixtures manually on the wheels...

I didnt have much memory at that show about 15 i think, and about 25 submasters at 3 pages...

Move while dark! -> GOGOGO! :D

Thank you Zero for the FR 5402 :)

No it was not, and it was not only one time, it was everytime i change page in submasters, changing between memories and submaster and so on. everytime it was hanging a few seconds, just like when a pc " is thinking"

Move while dark! -> GOGOGO! :D

Thank you Zero for the FR 5402 :)