Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

BIG BUG

Pipo

Did a show in Brussels this weekend.12 Movitec WL 250, 18 Movitec SL250 and one MAC 550. I programmed the whole thing at home so when I arrived it was just plug and play.

There was only 1 small adjustment: change 1 MAC 550 from BASIC to EXTENDED mode.

result: the whole showfile was f*cked up.

Positions were lost colors were gone, memories didn't work anymore,....

K-Nine, I will send you the show file and the wyg-file so you can try it out.

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

As far as I know if you change the fixture type of a fixture, whether it be the same fixture type from one mode to another or to a completely different fixture type then you essentially remove that fixture type from the desk and then add in a new one.

If you remove fixtures from the desk - then all data stored for those fixtures in cues, palettes, submasters etc will be deleted.

The desk has no way of knowing that you intend replacing those fixtures with the same 'type' of a different mode or with a different fixture type, or with nothing at all.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi Pipo,

Unfortunately the wyg file is no use to us, we don't have wysiwyg. Can you answer the following questions to help us investigate:

1. Changing a fixture from one type to another is actually handled by the desk as 2 operations - unpatching the old fixture followed by patching the new fixture. Can you try and work out which of these 2 operations it is that is corrupting the show? i.e. unpatch the old fixture type, then test the show, then patch the new fixture type, then test the show again.

2. What exactly was corrupted - memories, submasters, SXs, palettes? Did anything survive?

3. Was it other fixtures before or after the one you repatched, that were affected, or both?

Cheers,

Paul.