Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sirius 24 memory card

CHIPS

They are not a standard PCMCIA card they are actually a MELCARD (Mitsubishi) and are only 60pin.

This also only supports a card of a max of 128K anything over that will not be detected as a card at all.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 4 months later...

I've acquired a second hand Sirius 48 without a memory card. Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of one. I've done numerous searches on the web. I would even have a crack at making one, or making an emulator for one as I'm in the electronics business but Keith tells me that the information simply isn't available any more.

Thanks, Dave

I've seen the cards come up on ebay occasionally, would be worth setting up a search there and having it email you when something comes up.

As to making a card, I imagine the mechanics of the connector arrangement would prove a bigger obstacle than the electronics.

Melcard.jpg

Just to dig a couple of part numbers out of our system that may help start you on your quest...

MF364A-M6DAP01

MF3128MMDAP

MELCARD datasheet: CLICK HERE.

Best of luck! If you do find a source, open a shop, there's no doubt plenty of people looking for these things!

• 1 month later...

From the info that I have on using cards higher than 128k there are two possibilities.

The first is the card will not be detected by the desk at all. This is the most common thing that can happen.

The second is that the card does get detected and it will allow you to save the show, but when you try and load it back it will not be found.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

The reason that bigger capacity cards won't work is that the higher address bits are not connected in the desk. If you're nimble with a soldering iron, you could open up your desk and connect them to 0V, and then the bigger cards should work. Pinout information is in the datasheet (link above). But I didn't tell you that, and if you break your desk, it's not my fault!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...