Zero 88 Community Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

USB Keyboard

I tried it here and it didn't work :( But then all the USB/PS2 adaptors I could find were either green or had pictures of mice on them, suggesting no good for a keyboard.

I think the keyboard has to support PS2 (as well as USB) mode, which it detects from the adaptor by looking at the power lines or something. I don't think the adaptors are a generic USB keyboard host you can use with any keyboard. Maybe they only make them for mice too, not altogether sure.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful than that I'm afraid.

Thanks Paul

I think you might be right about the keyboard needing to support both USB and PS2. I've found 2 sorts of adaptors - one type allow you to connect a PS2 keyboard to a USB port, these seem to cost around £15+ and emulate a USB HID device which then connects to the keyboard. The others are, as you say often green, and connect a 'USB' keyboard to a PS2 port and seem to cost about £3 - I bet they isn't any electronics in them at that price - they must rely on the keyboard being clever. Problem is the keyboard I want to use is most definitely only USB.

saitek.jpg

Hi Joe

I doubt you'll find a Wireless USB keyboard which reports itself as a normal keyboard to the PS/2 adaptor and therefore to the Frog, however if the adaptor see's it as a normal keyboard then it should, in theory, work.

I hope this helps,