Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

diablo

Stage1

Do you have the desk in front of you?

I'd never seen one until a few weeks ago and playing with it, within half-an-hour, I was able to get chases running, control movers and set static scenes. It has a different way of operating to normal theatre or live desks but that's how it is designed. It really is quite easy to use.

ex-Leap Frog Owner, ex-Mambo Frog Owner, ex-XLS Owner, ex-Alcora Owner, ex-Elara Owner

Owner of a big pile of Betapack 2s

Bozone (n): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

"Am I dreaming this?" "No, and you ain't in Kansas neither."

"Longbottom's been neglecting his ear muffs."

• 1 year later...

It seems that it is the simple things that are hard...

I just want to get 8 generic lights working on two 4 channel dimmers.

I can't seem to assign DMX addresses.

I have read the manual (both the Diablo and the Chavet Tiger - they seem to be identical), have got hints from lots of folk and am at a loss.

If I look in the screen to view DMX, all the addresses are 000

So, I am obviously missing something basic.

Help?

I sure think they are DMX compatable.

They are Elation (ADJ) DP-415 dimmers. They have DMX in and out connections and a 10 switch DIP for setting address.

I wired up one pack and set the address to 1 which should have worked.

Yesterday I talked to Chauvet tech support and we walked me through playing with the board in "live" mode and concluded that there were no DMX commands coming out so I sent the board in to them to check.

I am going to try and find someone local with a DMX controller to verify that my dimmers work.