Zero 88 Community Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mikey04

Positions

I am using the lllusion 500. On the positions page from the memories screen when I choose one of the preset movements eg Quad or Triangle the lights do not move smothely but move jerkilly. Why is this?

What speed are you using for the effect ?

Is there a movement speed parameter on the fixtures you are using ?

What speed are you using for the effect ?

I was trying some movement effects this evening and found the pre-programming I had done before attaching the fixtures turned out to be VERY jerky. I had the movement speed set to -100 (I think that's from the wheel turned all the way down) By bringing the absolute value of the speed parameter down significantly the shape became MUCH smoother and more defined. I ended up saving the pallettes I worked on this eveing with speeds between 10 and 30

A movement speed of -100 will almost certainly be the cause of jerky movement of fixtures ! A speed of -100 is the highest speed in the anticlockwise direction. Most fixtures cannot keep up with the rapidly changing DMX values that are being sent to them and therefore appear to move jerliky.

It is recommended that smaller speeds (-30 to +30) are used to obtain smooth movement effects.