Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Delete a cue - but keep its impact

LeeStoddart

With the desk in the normal mode of PARTIAL, changes in one Q track through to subsequent Qs. Say I have

Q1 Channel 10 Thru 30 @ 50

Q2 Channel 15 Thru 25 @ 75

Q3 Channel 21 Thru 30 @ 90

by the time we have executed Q3 we have

10 - 14 @ 50, 15-20 @ 75, 21-30 @ 90

If the designer decides that the looks for Q1 and 3 are great but the change at Q2 is not required I have a problem. If I delete Q2 there is an impact on the look at Q3

I would be left with just

10-20 @ 50, 21-30 @ 90

What course of actions would allow me to preserve the look of Q3 (and subsequent Qs) when I need to delete Q2 :?:

Of course changes to 0 in Q2 complicate the question and there could be changes in Colour, Beamshape and Position attributes to consider. And a subsequent change to Q1, say setting channel 12 at 80, would be expected to track into Q3 :!:

I suppose what I'm thinking is that the changes in Q2 and Q3 be merged with those in to Q3 having priority.

The desired result of the deletion would be

Q1 Channel 10 Thru 30 @ 50

Q3 Channel 15 Thru 20 @ 75, 21 Thru 30 @ 90

Lee Stoddart

Fortunately, we thought this may be a feature people might like so we have an extra option when deleting memories in partial Mode :)

When you delete/clear a programmed memory, you have the choice of simply deleting it, or preserving the programmed data in the memory into subsequent memories.

See Illusion 500 Manual page 5-17 for further details.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I could have :lol:

But seriously, I think the 'preserve data' option should do what you were looking for - ie it essentially moves the programmed channels/fixture parameters in the memory you are about to delete to the next available memory, thereby preserving the overall 'look' even though you have deleted a memory from the stack. 8)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace