Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Have a fall back for an Upgrade

LeeStoddart

Call me chicken if you like but... :(

I have downloaded the version 1.1 ML software and upzipped it to a brand new formatted floppy and want to upgrade the desk. (It is a fix to a bug I found after all) But I was too scared :oops: to do the upgrade while I still had performances to do for the current show.

I have every expectation that the software upgrade will go in and be no issue BUT what happens if it does not load properly :?: What is the recovery mechanism to restore the previous version? I don't have a disk with the current software. There does not appear to be a download of the previous version avaialable on the web site. Can I get the desk to do a backup to disk which then becomes "bootable" with the current software?

To be honest... my day job is in the software industry so I know how important recovery options are! :wink:

Lee Stoddart