Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Direct input for Attribute DMX

LeeStoddart

Would it be possible to key DMX values into the paramaters on Attributes?

I find using the wheel to make very small adjustments to the DMX values quite hard - (this may be a wheel sensitivity issue)

On scrollers for example I was trying to set palettes for specific points (where the standard Frame n was not what I wanted) - to be able to type the DMX value directly and adjust it using the < or > keys would have been useful

Lee Stoddart

Would it be possible to key DMX values into the paramaters on Attributes?

Yes you can, the command line syntax has been extended to do this with LTP parameters :D

In Desk Setup - Desk Defaults, you need to ensure that the LTP Format is set to DMX. (This is the default value).

The fixture parameters are grouped into attributes (Brightness, Colour, Beamshape and Position) and within each of the LTP attributes, each parameter has its own numeric identifier displayed in the Program Window to the left of the parameter name.

For example, the Martin MAC 500 has eight Beamshape parameters spread over three wheel groups as follows:

1 Sh/Res 2 RotGobo 3 Ind/Rot

4 FixGobo 5 Focus 6 Iris

7 Prism 8 Oth Spd

The command syntax for setting an individual parameter is: FIXTURE X <ATTRIBUTE> Y @ Z ENTER

Therefore to set the iris to 255 in the above example you would enter the command: FIXTURE 1 BEAMSHAPE 6 @ 255 ENTER.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace