Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Clear the Command Line

NPhillips

If the clear button was not used anywhere else in the command line syntax, then this request would provide a quick and simple method of clearing the command line ... however ...

The Clear key is used when unprogramming channels in a partial memory, eg

CHANNEL 1 THRU 5 @ CLEAR

Therefore if we wished Clear to completely clear the command line in all situations we would need to change the command for unprogramming channels :?

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

[@][enter] should unprogram channels from a memory...

That is a possibility, but I'm not sure it is as intuitive as using 'CLEAR' for unprogramming channels.

However, I have just remembered that using CLEAR by itself is used to deselect any currently selected channels, so that would have to be another command line change :(

Bran Media | Myspace

But clearing selected channels would be fine as long as they remain captured (their modified levels remain regardless of console state). It is a real problem that only one thing can be done on the console at a time.

[@][enter] has been used on the Obsession and Strand for many years, and every Broadway designer and programmer usees it daily.

But clearing selected channels would be fine as long as they remain captured (their modified levels remain regardless of console state). It is a real problem that only one thing can be done on the console at a time.

It would appear from this thread of conversation that it is actually the concept of 'captured' channels that needs addressing on the illusion rather than debating the minutae of command line syntax, would you agree ? :wink:

[@][enter] has been used on the Obsession and Strand for many years, and every Broadway designer and programmer usees it daily.

Are we back to 'unprogramming' channels again and is this specifically related to 'tracking' mode which is an area we are currently re-evaluating for the Illusion 500 ?

Bran Media | Myspace

I also find it confusing not being able to use clear to clear the command line, this works on non strand boards such as compulite. I often prefer the z88 way of working but in this case I think you have got it wrong, clear should mean clear like on a calculator. some other sequence should be used for deselecting or whatever as clearing the command line needs to be done many times when plotting. I think it would be worth trying the exercise of trying to plot channel numbers and levels into cues as they are called and seeing where the weak points are.