Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Submaster Lights

NPhillips

I am having a problem easily knowing if a submaster has contents or not.

I am also having a problem remembering if I have posted some of the comments before, but not having much luck searching for them!

Anyway, I think the submaster lights should function as such:

No light = no contents

Solid light = contents recorded in the sub, regardless of sub level

Flashing light = contents active by means of "GO" or "FLASH", etc.

I am having a problem easily knowing if a submaster has contents or not.

Would it be facetious if I said look at the submasters screen on the monitor :P

I assume you mean by looking at the submaster section on the front panel of the desk itself :?:

I am also having a problem remembering if I have posted some of the comments before, but not having much luck searching for them!

Can't really help you there :( I haven't figured out how to get the search to work either ... I have the same problem as sometimes similar topics are covered in several different forums :roll:

Anyway, I think the submaster lights should function as such:

No light = no contents

Solid light = contents recorded in the sub, regardless of sub level

Flashing light = contents active by means of "GO" or "FLASH", etc.

Having checked through the spec again, I don't think we use a solid light in the submaster flash buttons at present; therefore this could be used to indicate that the sub contains data (channel data or transferred memory) as you suggest.

However, a flashing light is already used to indicate that data is being output from a submaster, but not from the current page (ie Page overlay).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Would it be facetious if I said look at the submasters screen on the monitor :P

No, you could say that... but I will say this back:

That cannot be done if you are doing something else on the console (AT present time that is). Example: edit live, mofify channel data, save, loose changes, or cancel... the designer is working and I just want to know if a handle has something in it or not! :D

I assume you mean by looking at the submaster section on the front panel of the desk itself :?:

Yes, looking at the handle and knowing that there is something in it. Confirmed.

Having checked through the spec again, I don't think we use a solid light in the submaster flash buttons at present; therefore this could be used to indicate that the sub contains data (channel data or transferred memory) as you suggest.

However, a flashing light is already used to indicate that data is being output from a submaster, but not from the current page (ie Page overlay).

Not such a big issue... one could get over it... 8)