Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

@00

NPhillips

Point taken, but with five (soon to become six) different methods of entering channel values from the keypad, we thought our method was simpler, quicker and consistent across all methods of numeric entry :wink:

With the Illusion you don't need to press ENTER for the selected channel(s) to be on the control wheel,

It's unusual to find an operator who prefers more key presses, it's usually the other way round :lol:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

No doubt with the keying...

The [enter] to select to the wheel is just a comfort thing I believe; prevents "fat fingering" the wheel and sending channel levels everywhere. I guess one just has to be careful on a Z88 console in regard to the wheels!

Another subject...

Is there a way to see, proportionally, where the wheel is at (say a +/- from 0 reference)?

Often times I will ask the programmer to "select everything to the wheel and roll it down 20". So, I think it would be helpful to the programmer to have some way of seeing what the wheel's level is in relation to where it started. In this case, when "everything" (Meaning all intensities - not attributed, and independents, etc., or course!) is selected to the wheel, the wheel is at "0". Rolling the levels down 20, the wheel is now positioned a -20. Otherwise, the programmer has to focus on channel level he determines and does the calculation himself.

Along these lines, and not critical on a console of the IL500's size, but I tend to use a +/-10% command for quickly modifying levels. On the Obsession these are keys and make it very quick. It is the "hunt and peck" for a level approach (most useful with the balcony rail units during the final/only dress rehearsal!).