Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

When Editing... "Memory X Go"

NPhillips

When in edit live or channel display, keying [memory][1][2][enter][GO] should make memory 12 active on stage in time. This should work as it does in the memory page without any windows open so as one may goto any cue while editing channel levels. Currently one may only go in sequential order forwards or one step backwards (until [go previous] goes back sequentially indefinitely (another bug to be fixed).

I think that this is one of those examples that sounds simple in theory and quite a reasonable expectation on behalf of the user but could quite easily open a very large can of worms :shock:

We need to look at the command line syntax within the CDW and review what additional functions are required (eg the ability to Go to a specified memory while the CDW is open in live or blind mode, as you have suggested).

As to Go Previous, we have had numerous 'discussions' on what exactly it should do and there have been at least 3 suggestions !

At present, it is defined as going back to the memory that was previously output (which may or may not be the one before on the memory stack). It does not remember the complete history of the memories and which order they were output, nor does it go through the memory stack backwards to the beginning.

It's one of those 'awkward' functions that if we change how it works, it will undoubtedly please some people and annoy others :roll:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

OK, so let's make go previous a Setup thing ... one way takes it back to the previous output state, the other sequentially in reverse.

Being able to goto a cue in time, or in a different on the fly defined time, fixes the need to go back to the previous output.

I need the ability to go back sequentially all the way to memory 0, especially during techs. Previous state, I agree, has its place too.

As an operator, I would have a macro key to toggle this setting most likely. Perhaps a status on Cueline would help?