Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Memory Stack advances but always stays on the bottom!

Boggy

Unsure if this is only on the illusion 120 but when the memory stack is in follow mode it does follow but just moving up one memory at a time with the current memory at the bottom. would it not be better to have the current memory at the top of the screen all the time so i can see what is coming up next?

also what are the chances of being able to associate a channel with more than three others so that I can link the all the attributes of am intelligent fixture together.

Thanks

Chris

Illusion Reference No 4665 - Memories Screen in Follow Mode - the current/next memories should be displayed at the top or middle of the screen rather than the bottom of the screen - Fixed in Version 7 software.

The associated channel function was originally designed as a way of 'associating ' a brightness or dimmer channel with a scroller channel. This was then extended to associating up to 4 channels.

I can't remember why a maximum of four channels was specified ... probably that's all that will fit into the column on the Assign Channels screen :)

Which Illusion desk are you using ?

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

... also what are the chances of being able to associate a channel with more than three others so that I can link the all the attributes of am intelligent fixture together.

Illusion Reference No 4699 - Increase the number of channel associations allowed - to be reviewed.

Bran Media | Myspace

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
So I am having a problem with memories follow on the memories page . When I switch from stay to follow after editing a memory, the screen does not center on the current memory, but further ahead in the stack.

This is still a problem in the Novemebr 22nd release (sorry can't remember the release number). It looks to me that when I switch to follow after editing the display shows the last few memories in the show - if I hit go it then scrolls so that the current memory is half visible and the next memory is shown.

I also find it annoying that edit takes me into STAY mode and I then have to switch back to FOLLOW - Even if I'm just typing the info text or perhaps changing a time.

Lee Stoddart

Point taken, yes there does still appear to be a problem with the positioning of the current/next memories within the memories screen when switching between stay and follow modes after editing.

There was a good reason why editing a memory caused the display to switch to Stay Mode, and when I remember what it was I will let you know :)

Bran Media | Myspace