Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Losing Subs

marchenry

Hello All

I have had a problem with two separate desks (both Fat Frogs from different companies) losing the memory in a submaster (after the desk has been turned off for around 8 hours on each occasion - though it had been turned off during the day for short periods with no problems). The subs lost seemed to be on page 1 sub 4 and 8 running in partial mode with effects on them ?

Any ideas

Marc

Marc,

Did you happen to note which version of operating system the desk had installed?

Also were these actual chases or were you using the movement effects generator.

I have not had any reported cases of this.

If you could also provide some more details ie fixtures, DMX patch etc I can run some test.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

First of all sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - been a bit busy !

The first time this happened i had 12 Mini Macs patched starting at 49 and the second was with 8 Mac 500's starting at 49. From memory i think there were dimmers patched 1to1 on 1 thru 48. I am going back a while now but it did seem very strange at the time. Sorry to be so vague but at the time i didn't have time to really look at the problem - i should be using the first desk again next week so i'll see if i can recreate the same thing ?

Many thanks

Marc Henry :lol:

Dear Marc,

If you encounter the same problem e-mail me a copy of the show so I can see what happerning.

Also check in super user under inforamtion the operating system being used.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.

• 1 year later...

I encountered the same problem of losing submaster info,

I programmed a lot of chases and scenes and have added them to the submasters with 'transfer no time'.

I did the programming about a week ago. The first time I used the desk was about 4 days after and I discovered that some submasters were empty, the next day several other submasters were also empty.

The scenes and chases where still there, but I had to program them to the submasters again.

I own this desk now for about a year and did not discover the problem before, but changed from full to partial mode about a week ago after my fatfrog fully crashed and I had to reload the operating system (last version) :evil: :evil:

• 6 months later...

I have seen the same problem on our FatFrog (new in September 2003)

The subs are transfered no time with straight scenes (no chases, effects, or moving fixtures) from memory, but after a power down, random subs show "empty" on power up the next day. This has happened twice so far on successive days. We are only using Pages 1 & 2 and the problem appears on both

The software is 8.1.1, BIOS 5.1.1

• 2 months later...