Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

.cft files

Guest Bhulme

Hi, I'm a brand new owner/user of a Fat Frog and I'd like to ask a question about the common fixture type files. I've created a common fixture file from the fixture tools software on the zero 88 site using some fixtures in the list and some I created with the software, but it won't load on my console. I get an error message. Does the file have to have a .cft extention? Or did I miss something when creating the file? Thanks, and I'm really going to like the Fat Frog when I get the initial learning curve out of the way. Bhulme

Hi again,

Please disregard that last post. I've got it figured out now. I'll try not to bother you unless I'm really stumped. It shows my rookieness. Is that a word? Bhulme

Thanks for the reply K-Nine,

I think I solved my problem but thought I should run it by you. When I created the cft file with the fixtures I use, I named it with a long name (27 characters long including spaces) and got the error message every time I tried to load it. I finally just loaded it with the default "unamed" and it loaded fine. Is there a character limit?

Thanks, Bhulme

Hi,

I have just tested this out on a desk here and it would appear that as long as your filename is 15 characters or less (19 characters including the .cft extension) then the fixtures types in the file should load correctly.

Frog Reference 5496 - The desk software does not recognise long filenames when assigning fixture type from floppy disk or loading CFT - to be fixed in future release.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace