Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frog manuals

ice

Just a quick question: I looked at the manuals on the internet, and the updates in previous OS systems and as I see it not all of the new features are discussed in the manual. For instance the programming of certain fixture attributes (like transparant programming) isn't discussed anywere (or I overlooked).

Is there something like an "update" manual? It's maybe a smart thing to keep the documentation for the updates seperate from the orgininal manual (or create 2 versions at least). Searching the new versions of the manual again for new options is rather irritating and takes a lot of time.

(didn't know where to post this so social was the best option ;) maybe its a feature request but is a manual considered to be a feature?)

thanx,

Jasper from Holland

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Details of new/modified functionality, bug fixes etc. are documented initially in the release notes which accompany a new software release - see the downloads - software section on the Zero 88 website.

All new/modified functionality also gets included in new issues of the manuals, but sometimes there is a delay between the software release and the new issue of the manual being produced.

I believe that the latest Frog Series Manual on out website is Issue 4 which should include all the functionality included up to software release 7.5.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 4 months later...
helo

do you do a more explanitry manual for the fat frog. we have series 5. :?:

We hope we included everything in the manual, if we missed anything, please let us know! The latest version of the manuals can be downloaded from here.

If you find the manual uses terminology which you're not familiar with, or you want to know how to quickly create effects, or you want to ask questions, or if you want to start right at the beginning with the basics of lighting control, you might find it easier to attend one of our training days. Full details are available from here.

The latest Frog Series Operating Manual is Issue 5 (November 2002) which should include all the new functionality included in Release 7.5 of the desk software. Information on additional features provided in Release 8.1 software can be found in the corresponding software release notes accompanying the software release.

Bran Media | Myspace

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How about making a new updated manual where you would put in alot of these questions and answers. I have read the manual alot of times now, but due that this is the first "advanced" lightdesk I have used I find it a hard-reading. It should be more directed towards newbies and people outside UK/US. The manual started good, but right after the Getting to know part, it jump right over to the more advanced user part.

I have read this manual a few times, and still have problems with the desk.

But besides that.. A great desk :)

Uh Oh I think this would make K-Nine very unhappy :( it´s his manual you are talking about ... You have to read it once more - don´t forget those tricky footnotes they are very helpful in some case krakra.gif

What kind of problems do you have maybe we can help you - don´t hesitate to ask any question I´ve done it before and this is a real good helpdesk

Have Phun

Greets Sebastian

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

As part of the next Frog updates software package, I will be updating the Frog series manual to include the new and modified functionality.

It is a difficult task sometimes to get the 'balance' of the manual right - you don't want to make it too simplistic; neither do you want to make it too technical.

I deliberately put some of the 'extra' information in the form of Notes, to keep the step by step operations down to reasonable lengths and not make them too complicated.

There have been a lot of improvements and additions to the functionality of the Frog desks since they were first released and maybe some of these do require some clarification for some of the less experienced users.

If there are specific areas of the manual where you feel more explanation of the philosophy or operation of the desk is required, please let me know and I will see what I can do :)

If you have any questions on the operation of the desk, how to achieve a particular function etc. please feel free to post in these forums - we're here to help you get the best out of the desks.

PS: There are actually some people who like the Frog manual CLICK HERE

Bran Media | Myspace

• 2 weeks later...

Operating Manuals for the Frog Series

A number of operating manuals are available for the Frog Series of products.

The Frog Series Operating Manual covers the Frog, Fat Frog, Leap Frog and Bull Frog lighting desks.

The Mambo Frog, Frog Box and Frog Screen have their own operating manuals.

The manuals can be downloaded from the Zero 88 website CLICK HERE

Bran Media | Myspace

• 2 months later...

Would it be possible to add the tips & suggestions of this forum to the manual as some kind of Question & Answers part, or maybe better put it in some kind of help file with an search function. Cause searching every time through this forum trying to find just that one article takes lot of time .. :? :?

Would it be possible to add the tips & suggestions of this forum to the manual as some kind of Question & Answers part, or maybe better put it in some kind of help file with an search function. Cause searching every time through this forum trying to find just that one article takes lot of time .. :? :?

I have recently been updating both the Frog Series and Mambo Frog Manuals to include all the functionality that has been introduced since they were last issued.

The new manuals will contain everything up to and including Release 9.0.

Therefore, it is very unlikely that any changes or additions will be made to the actual manuals at this late stage.

However, there is no reason why questions and answers, or hints and tips cannot have their own forums on this site.

I am continually monitoring the forums and moving topics around as appropriate, so the same subjects appear in the same forums.

Bran Media | Myspace

On Page i of the manuals under the Issue number and date, and the manual stock number, is the desk operating software version that the manual relates to.

If the software in your desk is later than the version specified on the manual, you will need to refer to the release notes that accompanied the later software releases for descriptions of the new and modified functionality.

New issues of the frog series and mambo frog manuals should be available soon.

Bran Media | Myspace

• 7 months later...