Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

just a normal *boring* frog

Jude

I do LX at school, and until reacently we've been using 2 boards -an Ancient analogue board for most things and a frog for special effects, however at the end of last term our analogue board decided that it wouldn't work anymore (it's been wobbly for ages) so we decided to try to go through the next year using just a digital, and, we thought, since it was there we might as well use some of the "fancy bits" that come with it. So we dug out the manual and tried to figue out how to mak it work (other than manually!) but because the manual we have is written for all frogs, it isn't very easy to follow or understand. Is there an altenative manual for it? and if not how do you program it? -I'm sorry I can't give any further details but it's at school and I'm at home for the time being.

It's the same manual for all the Frog range except the Mambo. It shouldn't be that confusing; the way it's written all the bits that a basic Frog doesn't have are in their own sections with a few small exceptions. Download yourself an up-to-date copy from the website and print it off and, while you are there, get a copy of Phantom Frog. You can then practice using the desk without having to sit in front of the real thing.

ex-Leap Frog Owner, ex-Mambo Frog Owner, ex-XLS Owner, ex-Alcora Owner, ex-Elara Owner

Owner of a big pile of Betapack 2s

Bozone (n): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

"Am I dreaming this?" "No, and you ain't in Kansas neither."

"Longbottom's been neglecting his ear muffs."

Hi Jude, welcome to the Forums :)

To help you on your way, try out the Phantom Frog, which is a complete Frog desk that you can use on-screen on your pc. That should get you started and familiarised through the school holidays while you don't have access to the desk itself.

Also, take a look at this training program created by Sam Henderson. Admittedly it is for the Fat Frog desk (which is your desk plus control for intelligent lights) but contains the same basic guide to programming and using the desk. You may well find this easier than the manual itself to start with, but after a time the manual will prove its usefulness. I think Slide 5 on Sam's program will be what you want.

Have a read through these forums, many questions are answered if you use the search facility.

Oh, and do remember to put the latest software on your desk when you can, read here for help on this. This will correct many bugs, and add other features to the desk.

Also, make sure that you use a monitor and external keyboard with the desk, it will be much easier if you do. :wink:

Hope this helps

sp

• 2 weeks later...