Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

High-res Frog pictures?

jax

Hi. I am a high school student who does lighting at a church in St. Louis, MO. We are building a new youth room and have just decided on using the Fat Frog as the lighting console. I have downloaded the manual and am reading it. However, I can't make anything out on the pictures in the manual Zero88 has on their site. I'd like to get a feel for how the console works and the layout of the buttons before I actually have a chance to use it. Could someone could point me in the direction of some high-res pictures of the console or post some? I also wouldn't mind seeing Frog 2 pictures so I could see how that works. In my free time, I just read manuals to lighting equipment (I really should find a less expensive hobby).

The reason that the images in the manual are not that clear is that the PDF document is highly compressed to make the file smaller and suitable for downloading.

The latest frog series manual is 2156 kb; the original uncompressed version of the manual which is the one used to print the hard copies from is approx. 110 times that size 8O

If you want to gain experience and knowledge of the desk before getting your hands on the actual console could I suggest you download a copy of Phantom Frog (the Frog series offline editor) from the Zero 88 website.

This contains a simulation of the front panel. If you move the mouse over the different buttons, faders etc their names are shown in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. For more on the Phantom Frog CLICK HERE

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

In my free time, I just read manuals to lighting equipment (I really should find a less expensive hobby).

Ehhh... most manuals can be downloaded free of charge from the manufacturers websites. I can't think of anything cheaper to spend time with 8)

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Well, I only have Macs here at home so I can't run the Phantom Frog software. I'll probably end up putting it on one of the PC's in the lighting booth so I can play with it in some spare time (or during the run-through, that works too).