Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

fade in/out

lxkev

Im prob being stupid, but i dont get the fade in/out times on the frog 2.

I want cue 1 to fade in with 5sec and fade out in 20sec

cue 2 fades in in 5 secs, while cue one is fadeing out in 20sec.

this is what i did

cue 1 fade 5/20

cue 2 fade 5

but cue 1 does not fade out in 20. Am i doing it wrong :oops:

I need a new job

Am i doing it wrong :oops:

Fraid so. The fade times work the same way on the Frog2 as they do on the Frog - a fade time of a cue is the time taken to move into that cue. In your example, you'd set your times as follows:

Cue 1 - 5/5 (as there is nothing coming 'down' before the first cue, you don't need a specific down time)

Cue 2 - 5/20 - The channels which are coming 'up' will take 5 seconds to come up, whilst the ones fading out will do so in 20 seconds.

This is the same method of fade times as almost all lighting desks. The Sirrius (and I think a few other older desks) used a different system.

Peter Kirkup

As explained recently in another topic on this very forum .....

The important thing to remember is that the fade times apply to the incoming cue.

This applies to the Frog 2 desk in exactly the same way as to the Frog Series of desks ....

The fade up and fade down times refer to intensity channels programmed in the cues.

Intensity - When going from cue X to cue Y the intensity channels will fade according to the fade times set in cue Y. This applies to channels that are fading up and those fading down For example ...

Cue X: Channels 1 - 3 are all programmed at 50%

Cue Y: Channel 1 is programmed at 0%, Channel 2 is programmed at 50%, Channel 3 is programmed at 100%

Fade up time is 5 seconds, Fade down time is 2 seconds

If cue X is being output, Y is the next cue and the GO button is pressed ...

Channel 1 fades down from 50% to 0% in 2 seconds (uses the fade down time in Cue Y)

Channel 2 remains static at 50%

Channel 3 fades up from 50% to 100% in 5 seconds (uses the fade up time in cue Y)

Hope that makes it clear :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace