Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Different fixtures update to stored memories

gargo1

I recently ran into this headache. We are now doing shows in this particular venue regularly now. I have a Fat Frog and use 6 Mac 250+s for my shows. This theatre that we are now doing some shows at has Mac 600s so I don't use my 250+s. I was really really hoping I could just go in and assign the new fixtures and then update all the palettes and then the board would update all my memories with the new 600s. I was wrong!! All the memories when gone to where all empty from fixtures. I had to go in all my memories and edit them totally. That is alot of editing! I called tech support and they said that different lights have all the different protocols and dmx patches and so forth. I understand this. But there should be a way to store all these new numbers patches into the palette. If you store a color palette with blue with the 250s, then go in and store that same palette with blue with the 600s I think your memories if programmed to be blue from that palette SHOULD be blue, lol. I know you computer programmers can figure out how to do this so I am keeping my fingers crossed., Anybody else run into this problem?

Well I can tell you this....when you create a colour pallete for the 250 which triggers the blue colour at lets say a DMX value of 20 then if you call this pallete again on a different fixture you might get a different colour because different fixtures sometimes have different colours at that value ... so .. bad luck... you have to program your palletes again for different fixture...

I doubt I will be running into this problem alot anyway. This was the first and only time so far. But it took me two days of programming to get where I like to be for my show. I had to do a show the first night and got all the palettes programmed but not my memories edited. So I just did the whole show with stagnet looks along with there conventionals. Except for the fast songs of course. Then I moved the heads around, lol. But all that programming is not going to waste. We go there for 8 days straight next weekend. So I will have plenty of time to fine tune everything. Thanks again!!