Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

New Support Forum?

sp

Is it true that the support forums are going to be combined into one big forum, to support all Zero88 products? I wondered if this was happening very soon as I was unable to access this forum yesterday.

sp

Yes, it's true, the support forums are going to be merged as you say, further details will be posted shortly to explain the changes and any potential downtime. Should all happen in about a month or so. Now how did our little secret get out?

Apologies for the downtime the other day, this was part of the preparations for the merge.

• 1 month later...
So when can we expect to see the brand new forum then?

The new forum has been a bit delayed from the original plan, but it is being worked on and should be with us soon.

can it have a little bit of a better search engine on it, as i can never find what i am looking for on Frogsupport without going through all the posts...

Could be me not using the appropriate search prefixes....

The trick when searching is to try different words for the same thing. Users sometimes use terminology which they are familiar with from other products but which may be named differently on the Frogs. The regular forum contributors will often help you out here and find the link for you if you get really stuck!

Frog Reference numbers are another good way of finding related topics once you've come across a thread with one in. However beware that some older posts with these numbers in don't come up in the search. We try to fix these where and when we find them, so let K-Nine know if you spot one.

The other oddity I've sometimes seen is the search not recognising words with less than 4 letters as being proper words. But that might just be me! If all else fails, use google with the /site tag. e.g.

palette /site:support.zero88.com

Although beware that google's index of the site might be a bit out of date.

edit: fixed links

• 2 months later...

Oh, is there any possibility of getting the old avatars from Frogsupport and putting them on here? Or is that really the kind of thing best done by each user? The forum just looks odd without them :)

Suppose I could get round to making a new one...

Edit: my old one has just appeared. It wasn't there just now, was it? :D

sp

the new forum are great, although I agree the lack of green is strange.

Also it might be worth redirecting all enqueries from the old site www.frogsupport.com and www.illusionsupport.com automatically. i know that either of the above websites are the sort of ip you would think of automatically.

But just a suggestion though

About the board colour, it seems that even if I change the setting to 'subTrail' in Preferences, it remains unchanged. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Also it might be worth redirecting all enqueries from the old site www.frogsupport.com and www.illusionsupport.com automatically.

These forums are now inactive I believe, are you referring to automatically redirecting the user to this new forum? If so, I agree, a little code to redirect to the new forum after say 5 seconds would be a good idea in my opinion. I type 'www.frogsupport.com' much more instinctively than this new address :D.

sp

The Frog and Illusion support addresses will eventually be automatically redirected, but we didn't want to do that just yet in case it caused confusion.

The colour schemes on the forum are currently set, but we are looking at creating a couple of other schemes to add as an option. Because the forum has undergone a major re-write, the themes also need to be heavily reworked in order to work properly.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace