Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

A Few of points to make our jobs better:

EPPING

1 Can the default fade times on the submasters be 0. Everyone i know who uses submasters always wants no fade times. its a real big pain having to take the time to zero every time a submaster is programmed.

2 using the keyboard to type in the cue number you want to edit, clear or programme. using the +/- keys takes to long and when the cursar goes pass the cue you want and goes back to cue 1 it just not funny in a technical!!

1 Can the default fade times on the submasters be 0. Everyone i know who uses submasters always wants no fade times. its a real big pain having to take the time to zero every time a submaster is programmed.

Totally agree, although I normally change the default fade time in Super User to 0, to save having to do it to every cue.

2 using the keyboard to type in the cue number you want to edit, clear or programme. using the +/- keys takes to long and when the cursar goes pass the cue you want and goes back to cue 1 it just not funny in a technical!!

This is already possible. With the 'number' column selected (in Memories view), enter the cue number you want to edit/clear/program, and press ENTER. This will then highlight the required cue in the 'next' field, allowing programming, editing or clearing.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

change the default fade time in Super User to 0

As Peter says, this can already be done in the Desk Defaults -> Submasters menu in Super User.

Do you really need the default default :? to be 0?

Off-topic a bit but related (came up the other day when testing 9.8 ), the default default dwell time on the desk (Desk Defaults -> Memory) is 3.0s, however the manual says it is 0.0s. Any preferences which one of these would be the most useful, so we can correct either the software or the manual?

Default dwell should be equal to the 'default default' fade time (3s? - I always change that to 5s anyway, but thats because I normally do theatre shows)

I do think the default default should be 0s for submasters - its extremely confusing to raise a submaster and nothing to happen. Fade times on subs are a more 'advanced user' feature - in basic busking mode, there is no need for fade times, so 0s is best.

As an aside, it would be nice to have some indication as to whether a fade time is 'default' or 'altered' - perhaps "[00:03:00]" for default, and "00:05:00" for altered?

Peter Kirkup

• 2 weeks later...