Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

N Shot not transferred? + Others?

Halo_djk

When transferring (with time) a memory (chase) why is the N shot information I stored on the chase, not transferred to the SX button (Mambo Frog) too?

Is there anyway of "Loading out" all the information that has been loaded on the "Fixture control"? After programming a chase and un selecting and untagging the fixtures, the Brightness control stays on meaning when I turn all my other chases and SX's off the scans shutters stay open, frozen in their last positions on the stage. :roll: this is a pain because running a SX will clear all the other params (Col, gob, BP etc) but the brightness control is locked up until i go back to the Fixture controls and pull them back down. This also means My SX fader and X Playback bader wont fade the lights out because the fixture controls are holding the brightness channels up!

Perhaps pressing "Deselect all fixtures" and "Home" together would remove anything that had been loaded from the fixture controls?

Also after you program a chase with the say pos and colour in it, then decide to "remove the colour params from the chase how do you do it? If i re edit the chase and set the colour channels to "0" the chase is recorded with White on the chase. Is there a way of removing the colour params so they don't exist like I didnt program them in the first place?

Also after a chase has been programmed, it runs, all fine and dandy, but would someone please tell me how to stop it!? its running in the X Playback and theres a Go, & Pause button there, but how do I stop it without loading it to a SX, then starting it there, and turning it off again?

The problem with n-shot chases is not in the transfer, but in creating the chase in the first place.

Frog Reference 5476 - Programming chases - the n shot parameter is not remembered and is reset to 0 after selecting finished. Bug to be fixed in next software release.

If you re-edit the number of shots on the memories screen and then transfer the chase, the shots parameter should transfer correctly. Well it does for me anyhow :wink:

Didn't for me. First thing I did was check the memory (Chase) was showing "Shots = 1" went back to the SX button and wasnt there.

I have 3 programmes that use 1 shot only, after the first one didnt work properly, I just added the Shot manually to the next two after I programmed them. ( the SX) If the Shots had appeared on the other two I would have been even more confused, I may be wrong, but have a look when you fix it.

ALSO

What it the LED next to the Speed control for, Ours only seems to come on when editing. shouldnt it flash the step speed out when a chase is running or something. I have noticed the only way to know how fast the chase is running is to watch the lights (Not much good if i'm programming on phantom) or go into edit mode, and scroll off Step. nothing else seems to "Count the beat"

The shots parameter is copied from the memory to the SX button when you press transfer. After that you can edit the shots parameter on the SX button independently of the memory.

Any changes you make to the shots parameter on the memory after doing the transfer will not be reflected on the SX button.

The LED next to the chase speed pot indicates whether or not you have 'picked up' the chase speed when editing. It's all in the manual I'm sure. There is however a Frog Reference number for some indication of chase speed / step on the LCD:

Frog Reference 5427 - Indication on the Main LCD and appropriate monitor screen of chase speed and current step for the currently selected chase (memory, submaster, SX button) - Future Item.